FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Jersey get BA flights to LHR at some point?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:08 am
mmogdan

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by T8191
My ba97 record says it was 2008 when BMI dropped the JER-LHR connection. We managed to use it just once to LHR, in May 08, before the route was dropped (got a prompt refund of the return ticket!), and we had to come home 3 weeks later with BA via LGW.

In the intervening 10 years nobody has tried to do it again. I suspect if it was going to be lucrative, and LHR slots were available/affordable, it would have happened by now. The GCI-LHR is, IMO, a false dawn as far as JER residents are concerned, and as UKtravelbear notes, it's a subsidised Summer service. Indeed, many services to the Islands are Summer-only, for inbound tourism purposes - that's when we can actually fly JER-DUB direct for a few months!

I have full sympathy for the OP. We've been doing the LGW/LHR shuffle for over 10 years, and agree it's a bloody great PITA!
My wife and I had great "fun" with the summer season weekly JER - MUC Lufthansa rotation last year. It allowed you to connect as a feeder flight onto the Lufthansa network. We were the only locals on the flights we took! Unfortunately this year, the flights are later in the afternoon, so reduces connection options - but, still possible!