FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEXUS Member with Redress Number Detained for Three Hours
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:22 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Zulazai
I have a Nexus and also enrolled in Redress program number. Have crossed into the US hundreds of times. For the past few occasions I am being sent to secondary screening for PLOR due to similar name on their list. They take my picture, fingerprints, fill out some information confirm its not me and assure me it should be cleared and I should face no more issues but the same thing happens again. This time car phone also got searched and spent 3 hours in detention.

What else can I do at this point since I have trusted traveller and also redress number?

Kind request to mods please give me some time before you move this thread as nobody replies in the Nexus forums and I greatly appreciate some input here.

Thanks
Are you perhaps being perceived to be Muslim and have a name that is shared in large part or entirely with many others who are perceived to be Muslim? If it's both, can't say I'm surprised by the problem with US CBP. Have you had issues when flying domestically within the US or the same issues when flying more recently internationally to the US? Or are most or all of these recent issues at surface ports of entry to the US? Often enough, after several months of this hassle happening after which they allow you in, this kind of stuff stops or at least takes a break for a while.