FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:41 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by headhunterke
I have contacted TK about the use of the CIP lounge in the weeks after the move, since I have a very intense few weeks of traveling ahead, going from 1 long haul to another one, passing IST (1 more and last time) & ISL many times in the next 2 months.

At the moment their international lounge isn't active and I have a strong feeling it won't be operational for the next weeks following the move.
In case it isn't, they are giving people vouchers (like someone here said earlier), but how does this work?
Do you get these vouchers at the original point of departure, or do you have to collect them at a certain point at ISL?
Yes they are giving two vouchers worth ₺35 ( total ₺70 ) for the moment. In all of my international flights from ISL, Istanbul Airport was my origin so I claimed the vouchers at the check-in desk. However, when I had a same day return from ECN, they were unable to print the lounge voucher for ECN which is a contract lounge. Probably you would need to contact one of the transfer desks or there would be dedicated desks for this issue. I imagine that more than 100.000 people would have the same issue so probably TK would have an idea.

You could use your vouchers in any of the food retail outlets in the international airside of the terminal. However, be aware that if you spend FE: ₺37 in one of the outlets, you either need to give two of your vouchers or give one of them and give ₺2 in cash/credit. Be aware that no change is given for voucher payments.

My next ISL departure flight would be on the second week of May so I won't be able to report the progress until then. However, there would be av-geeks reporting the situation in the first few days after the move.