FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:53 pm
InfrequentFlyer2

Originally Posted by cmai
Feb 19 - Mailed in my application (standard processing)
Feb 22 - Passport was received
Feb 26 - Received email confirmation that passport status is processing

Since then, it still says processing and no further updates. I am freaking out since my trip is next week on 3/27. Yes, I realize now that I should have done expedited from the beginning, but I was misguided in reading many threads which stated that standard processing usually takes 3 weeks (now I know not to believe this is always the case and to expect the worst). Last Wednesday (5 days ago), I called the passport office to pay to update to expedited services with the overnight delivery ($76), and since then, absolutely nothing has changed in the status (still says processing under standard delivery, no charge to my credit card). I have called 2 times since, with the operators simply stating to keep an eye out and call back. This is upsetting that I'm trying to take extra precaution to speed up the process and now that I have a week left til my trip, still nothing has been changed. Also, it appears there are others in this thread who applied after me and have already received their new passport, which is worrisome.

Just a word of advice for anyone reading this, pay the expedited service if your trip is 4-6 weeks away because there are no guarantees.
I hope you get it in time as well. I mailed my passport to Phily thinking that standard would take 3 weeks and called the day I got the email it was processing to have it expedited. They said it needs to be approved but I'll call again. My trip is on 4/11 and I got an email that it would be processing on 3/15.