FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:14 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
11. It's the summer of 1967 and you are back in Chicago. Your old sailing buddy has asked you to check out a catamaran for sale that is moored near Mobile, Alabama down on the Gulf Coast. An evening flight from O'Hare to Mobile would best fit your schedule and you find there is a daily direct dinner flight which makes two stops en route. You book a seat. Identify the airline, both stops and the equipment.

Hmm... so it's not a 727 and it doesn't route via ATL. You know, you, like me, like to fly First Class when available. The fact that it wasn't mentioned as part of this question leads me to believe that we might be looking at an airplane that doesn't offer First Class. Now so far as I know, all of Eastern's jet aircraft with the possible exception of the WAS-NYC-BOS shuttle operations were configured in a mixed 2 class configuration. I know Eastern operated Electras into the early 1970s, though mostly on shorter routes like intra-Florida flights. Still, I can't think of any other options unless it was a DC-9. Still, let's go with the Electra. As for the stop between ORD and BHM, .... , uh... , what the heck - let's try Louisville, KY.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 18, 2019 at 4:23 pm