FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ Website and Apps Slow or Timeout
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:14 pm
RTWFF

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
I've had quite a bit of trouble over the last week searching for bookings on the SQ website (desktop) and iOS apps. It's sometimes very slow, and sometimes gives a 'gateway timeout.' I'm just wondering if others are experiencing the same issues, and if so - perhaps have a solution?
Yes, I'm the same. I realised that I was having problems with Chrome loading slowly on my PC, probably because of all the Do Not Track and other anonymising add-ons I weight it down with, but SQ is far and away the worst performer using Chrome (as I have it configured) of any site I access. I switched to Epic which has Do Not Track and other tools built in and it's a lot faster (but still not great). However when I attempt to make a booking I get "prove you're a human being" alerts from SQ (also never happens with anyone else). I just put it down to Singapore being both an authoritarian state and wanting to intrude on my browsing activity. The Apps are not too bad but I'm using the beta of their iPhone App and that also loads very slowly. I had a lot of trouble making payments to secure a booking last week and eventually booked/paid via an online travel agent