FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parent + Twin Babies
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:22 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Aknoff
We've traveled a ton with our toddler son, but are soon adding two (!!) more to the mix and have had little success understanding how twins affect travel. My basic understanding is that because there are only 4 oxygen masks per 3 seats, it is not possible to have two lap infants in a row. Therefore, it is correspondingly not possible for one parent to travel with the twins alone, unless you buy a second seat (and then bring a car seat to put them in). Is that correct? Just trying to understand the implications/limitations as this new reality sets in. Also, apologies if this has been posted before - I searched and couldn't find anything.
A single parent flying with two U2 children on common carriers is generally required to fly with at least one of the two U2 children being a seated child with their own ticketed seat -- and that would generally mean having to use a CRS/CRD on the flight for at least one of the U2 children. Even when the row/bank of seats has more oxygen masks than seats. There are some real logistical challenges when flying with twins alone, as getting on and off the plane along becomes a lot easier with some help. My suggestion is to try to seek out a volunteer passenger to help while boarding and getting off the flight.