FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was booked on a Norwegian 737 Max 8 for April
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:10 am
Agneisse

Originally Posted by remphish1

I have flown several of budget airlines never an issue like
this including spirit, wow, Southwest, Ryanair, frontier etc I’m aware what my travel expirence will be like. I also have done plenty of research on them and I think the pros outweigh the cons in a normal situation. If what you say is true which I’m sure it they know they won’t be able to have a good backup all I am asking for is they don’t hold onto my money anymore for the 1 % chance they’ll be able to go as schedule on the max 8 so I can book something else and not be scrambling last minute weather they are a budget airline or not shouldn’t impact them know what they’ll do three weeks from now in my opinion.

additional info just read a report on the 737 Max 8 willl come out in 30 days! So to me now they should do the right thing and at a minimum cancel all 737 max 8 booked flights or get a replacement. If they can’t arrange a replacement then they need to cancel immediately, they should now by now if they can or can’t have a replacement in place by now.
There are many opinions on what Norwegian 'should' do. The reality is that they are going to hold on to your money for as long as possible and delay cancelling flights for as long as possible. FT posters are just telling you what it is like, posting here on what an ideal resolution looks like in your opinion is not going to change the reality of the situation which is that you have booked with a low-cost, cash-strapped airline that is really bad with disruptions (see 787 fiasco last summer). If this trip is really so important, I would bite the bullet and make alternate plans now.