FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:29 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tajee165
I called in March 4 to complete the reservation for 240,000 points but due to one issue or another, the points were never deducted from my account. The CSR insisted everything was good and the e-cert was issued. I called back once a day for the next 3 days and all CSR said everything was good but I knew it wasn’t since no points were deducted.

Finally reached a competent CSR who added the 100,000 points needed to complete the reservation and the points were deducted immediately. He also added 10,000 points as a goodwill gesture.

Answer is HUCA many times.
And be vigilant on your own bookings / point balance versus just take the words of the CSRs. Some dont know what they are doing some just make things up to brush you off.

It is very unfortunate and very sad that we now have to turn in a self-defense mode to learn all the minute things in order not getting hurt by incompetent / unhelpful CSRs. But that is the reality we are dealing with until who knows when. The alternative is to leave Bonvoy behind. Many cannot do so just yet.