FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General Questions About Two Upcoming United Trips:
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:14 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackFranchino
Hi FT Community,

Just booked two trips with United - one to Innsbruck and one to Maui. I had a few questions regarding United Clubs along the way, connection times, and upgrade chances. Thanks in advance for your time and help - I appreciate it!

Question #1 : I have a 40-minute connection in EWR, going from a domestic flight (arriving from IAD) to an international flight (departing to FRA). How tight is this going to be? Will I make it?

Question #2 : I have 4 hours and 40 minutes in EWR on my way back from FRA, is there a United Club that is better than the rest - and is it accessible using one-time passes?

Question #3 : Are there any pay-to-use lounges in Frankfurt? If so, which is the best for food/showers/location (will be connecting from United to Austrian outbound and Austrian to United return)? I'll be spending a combined 6 hours and 40 minutes waiting there.

Question #4 Could I get your opinions on upgrade chances on the flights below? I'm a United Premier Silver - I'll include fare class and other relevant info below. Thanks again!

March 27 ORD-SFO UA1891 B753 (S Class) 7 FC Left
March 27 SFO-OGG UA539 B738 (S Class) 5 FC Left
April 1 DEN-ORD UA2385 B739 (S Class) 14 FC Left
June 15 IAD-EWR UA1972 A319 (B Class) 6 FC Left
June 22 EWR-ORD UA2015 B739 (B Class) 17 FC Left
June 22 ORD-TVC UA1199 A319 (B Class) 8 FC Left
1. 40 minutes is the absolute minimum connection time for that flight, assuming that both flights operate out of the same terminal. Your chances of making that flight are exceedingly poor.

4. Zero on all except ORD-TVC, which I’d put at 10%. The 319 is a notoriously tough upgrade, but a Saturday flight a full week before the cherry festival might be a light enough load to make it.