FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:01 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Interesting discovery while I was combing through awards intra Asia, which seem really reasonable given the hours of flying and distances involved. I see domestic Japan flights listed as "Economy Mileage Bargain" for only 12,000 miles per direction. I don't know if this is temporary, or an ongoing offer, but it's seems like an excellent deal. A lot of the flights I was looking at were almost 3 hours in length on a widebody. For example Okinawa to Tokyo is 2h30 and costs 12,000 miles plus about 4 Euros tax. Similarly for all Japanese domestic destinations, including some more distant places like Sapporo.

I noticed that some of the NH flights were operated by ANA Wings (EH), Ibex Airlines (FW) and Solaseed Air (6J) which is interesting for those who get excited by such things (such as myself). They must be franchise operations, but I am still surprised that you can spend M&M miles on them. I am also surprised at how few miles and taxes you need. You can even book 2 or 3 sector itineraries and have a real aviation freak's day out!

Thinking about it, you could get from Okinawa to Sapporo via Tokyo for just 12,000 miles, which is a huge distance.