FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The inside scoop on Marriott's epic woes?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:22 pm
ethan76

Programs: AMEX Plat Marriott Gold HHGold UA Silver
Originally Posted by lotemblizej
An entire new reservation system was forced on us that barely works because Marriott didn’t want to pay Oracle to use the system they had been using before. To add to this, the agents were able to call supervisors that would help them fix things. The supervisors are now ordered not to help.

This is almost exactly what happened when United decided to use the old Continental Shares reservation system after the merger because it was "cheaper." It turned out to be far more expensive in terms of reduced capabilities, frustration for passengers and many (ex-United) agents alike, and the need to spend much more money to fix the problem. This cannot end well...

as I recall both SHARES and Apollo had been sold off and leased back, but SHARES had some functionality (like dynamic pricing for E+ or something) that Apollo lacked.

In both mergers I had no problem with CO or Marriott before but the merger seemed to destroy what worked just fine prior. With UA/CO outsourcing that UA did made the disfunction much worse. I feel like something has happened to all the knowledge folks at Marriott too. I have lost track of the times I have called in to the now Titanium line and received zero service, bad information or just told some BS to get rid of me.

I have to police everything in a way I never did before. I have mulled bailing all together , but so far lifetime status and laziness have seen me not.