FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was booked on a Norwegian 737 Max 8 for April
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:19 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by remphish1

I guess it’s expecting to much to get information. Once I have information I can make a decision. If they know they’re going to cancel they shouldn’t string people along and do it as soon as possible
Yes, it is expecting too much. Norwegian has no idea when the grounding of the Max aircraft will be lifted and no one that has any idea of how long it will take is commenting.
Norwegian doesn't have a large aircraft fleet like United, American, Delta, British Airways, Lufthansa so they aren't able to move aircraft around to accommodate every route effected by the Max grounding.

It sounds like you really don't understand that buying a ticket from a barebones carrier such as Norwegian, Wow, Easyjet, Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant or any other 'low cost' carrier means you don't get answers quickly and you don't get rebooked on other carriers that have spare capacity. The reason why your ticket price was so low is because they don't pay for the staffing levels required to answer questions in a timely manner, they don't have the spare aircraft and crews to replace grounded aircraft, and they don't have interline agreements to rebook you on other carriers.

Let me put this in automobile terms. You bought a used Hyundai with 125,000 miles on it. It doesn't come with a warranty. If you want a warranty, buy a car with a warranty. There were many, many, many warnings about buying tickets on Norwegian in this subforum. Did you not do any research on Norwegian before making the purchase?

There's a reason why their ticket prices are below competitors' prices. And it's been well documented here and in other places.