FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 747 updated or not?
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:01 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ayrshiredude
Im heading from Heathrow to Denver on Friday on a BA 747. I seem to remember there is a way to know which aircraft it will be. I'd love to know whether I will be on a refurbished bird or not. Can anyone help?
The best way of finding out is to board the aircraft on the day, and hope that it doesn't go tech and have to be substituted.

Before that time, it can only be an educated guess. Aircraft can be changed as late as a couple of hours or so before departure if need be. So you will not get any advance certainty.

Insiders may be able to see the specific aircraft allocated to your flight from 3 or so days out, perhaps more - but that allocation can (and often does) change. Closer to the flight, you may be able to see the registration on FR24, but with the same caveat.

The only thing than an outsider can confidently say at this stage is that the aircraft is still planned to be a mid-J (52J) configuration, and that some of these have been refreshed and some have not: Mid-J 747 Cabin Refresh. But I suspect that you already knew all that.