FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask us about visiting Phuket, Thailand
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:24 am
honghong322

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
Originally Posted by trueblu
We (myself, wife, 9yo daughter and nearly 2yo son) will be spending just over a week in Phuket at the end of this month/early Feb. We'll be staying at the HI Mai Khao.

It's our third visit to Phuket, but first with our son. Last two times we stayed at Surin beach, and our stays were shorter (about 5 days). Given that this is a longer trip, and given our son's age, spending all day at the beach every day will be more tricky, we thought it would nice to have a couple of excursions. One we're considering is a day boat trip to Phang Nga bay. Looking at "tripadvisor", some of the recommended companies are: a) Two sea tours (big boat + kayaking), b) Phuket Sail tours (big boat or sail boat options), c) June Bhatra junk (no kayak option), d) John Gray canoes (big boat + kayak)

WIth regards to price, they are all pricey, with two seas the most pricey (about 13500 THB, compared with ~ 11000 THB for the others).

Looking through the reviews, although "Two seas" are top-rated, they appear to be very aggressive in shooting down any negative reviews, which makes me a little cautious in going with them. What puts me off "John Gray" even though he's the longest established is that I'm _a very little_ claustrophobic, and their night tour specifically seems to go into caves where you'll be right up to the ceiling...

We really just want to have a "chill" day, enjoying beautiful scenery. Although I'd love to swing past "James Bond island" because I'm a James Bond fan, not actually landing on the tourist trap but just swinging by it is fine. Given we'll have a non-swimming infant with us, is one of these companies better suited for our needs?

Any other advice for excursions etc? We've seen plenty of temples, and we'll see more in Bangkok, so that's less appealing for us..

thanks!

tb
What did you end up booking with? I will be visiting Phuket in about a week and I am also interested in booking a Phang Nga Bay tour. I'm leaning towards John Gray right now.