FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cherry tomatoes onboard
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:09 am
ratechaser

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by dddc
After my early years of flying and disembarking a flight looking like a walking Jackson Pollock picture, I now have a very slow and deliberate way of unpacking everything, covering myself up with the napkin as best as possible (discovered the button hole on the Qantas domestic J napkin earlier this month and used it to prevent any soup mishaps) and attacking everything very slowly. All packets get opened facing away from me. Any foil covering the meals gets lifted and twisted so the condensed steam drips back into the meal and not on me. Any meals that have any type of sauce, dressing or gravy require a deliberate hunch over the tray to avoid slops.

I find breakfast dishes, like the above, the worst offenders for the amount of fluid floating about the bottom of the plate. You might pick up a piece of bacon and a bit of fluid comes flying off as it makes it way to your mouth. Or a bit of sauce from the baked beans decides it doesn't want to go with the bean and does a kamikaze dive onto your white shirt. (Note to self, never travel in white again).
Eh, what's all that about baked beans? Never seen those feature in a BA breakfast, more's the pity. It got to the point on my old domestics out of T1 that I was smuggling a sachet of tomato ketchup on board to go with my sausage and bacon...