FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Marriott always been this virulently anti-guest?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:31 pm
Antarius
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Winner!

I don't call to book reservations; I do everything online so I haven't noticed any difference post-merger. My bookings still go through with no problem for both SPG and Marriott properties.
When I stay at SPG and Marriott properties, I don't notice a deterioration of service levels. The front line staff, with rare exceptions, is great.
I've had all of my stays post properly. Granted, I'm chasing the Hyatt Globalist status dragon right now, but I have booked SPG/Marriott properties if they offer a better value than Hyatt.

From reading these posts, all of the call centers are screwed up. Great; I'll just keep booking online and not calling them. Easy peasy. If any of my stays don't post properly, I'll send an email. Fingers crossed; no problems yet with posting.
I dont think it is fair to discount the IT issues. You're lucky if you have had no issues with bookings or postings. Mine has been somewhat messy to the point I had to keep a spreadsheet.

that said, I dont disagree that there is a lot of teeth gnashing is hyperbolic. I was a top tier SPG for a while and while that was great, the footprint was crap, which left me having NO benefits in lots of places.

things arent as good as Arne claims but they arent as bad as FT makes it out to be.