FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - advice needed for downgraded first class passenger
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:39 pm
CCayley

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by arh1

why should last to check in be a consideration? If I buy a ticket and don’t check in online because I’m busy etc it doesn’t mean I should be downgraded just because I check in later. If someone buys a ticket and doesn’t know (I know that is unlikely) they have to check in online then why should they be downgraded?

Something has to be a consideration, whether it's status, fare paid, who is using Avios or whatever. If there is a 'plane with 14 F seats waiting to fly to LHR and 15 people have F tickets for that service then somebody has to draw the short straw. And if 14 people rock up to the airport with boarding passes and the last to show up hasn't checked in and there are no seats left, then that last person might well find they are the one! That is all anyone has said. No one is defending the policy or suggesting this is how things should be, but on the rare occasions someone has to be booted out of F a failure to reserve a seat or check in, or even just showing up last may be the factor that gets used.