FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:35 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sydunipete
I presume this happens at checkin. Do you have any insight as to what happens for transit Elite passengers? I have 2 Istanbul transits over the coming months.

Thanks for all your information throughout this process.
For know on the transfer desks are not ready, when I arrived from Ercan to Istanbul Airport last Wednesday morning. TGS ( Turkish Ground Services ) agents were guiding international transfer pax to an open door that led passengers from the arrivals to the departures level. Also international-domestic transfers had a special immigration desk in the normal immigration queue which an agent opened the one of the locked gates for connecting domestic passengers. There are temporary service desks around the terminal for the moment. After the grand movement, probably all transfer security checkpoints and service desks would be opened. This time TK would have a service desk at the entrance of all concourses. If you would need a meal voucher ( if closed during your travel ) probably someone would be there at the lounge lobby checking your eligibility and handing meal vouchers. For Istanbul origin passengers, meal vouchers are given at the check-in desks. Kiosks does not work for the voucher so you would be asked to proceed to a staffed desk.

My next travel(s) from Istanbul Airport ( ISL to become IST ) would be on early-May so I won't be able to report everything on the spot in April but probably someone would give feedback about the process at the airport.