FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:38 pm
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
If I had to wait as any guest 40 minutes after published check-in time for a room -- let alone with the top-level elite status -- I'd expect at the very minimum dinner or drinks on the hotel. This is completely unacceptable.

I somewhat agree just because I doubt they have the first-hand knowledge to make hotel recommends outside of what they heard via feedback from other customers. With that said, Marriott has advertised the ambassador agents as being concierges, making reservations, providing recommendations and so forth.
I had to wait 'til 8pm once to check-in at a sold-out SLS, but they handled it well. $140 in resort credit, and they tried to give me the presidential suite to make up for it — until they realized last minute they couldn't because the previous celebrity guest completely trashed it and they had to keep it out of commission. I ended up with a junior suite with no view, but w/e, they tried they best and I was happy. This was pre-Marriott.