FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:56 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I wouldn't say 30 of 40 min after check out time would be totally unreasonable, even if violates the technical terms.
If I had to wait as any guest 40 minutes after published check-in time for a room -- let alone with the top-level elite status -- I'd expect at the very minimum dinner or drinks on the hotel. This is completely unacceptable.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I think you and I have different expectations for what an Ambassador can and should do for us in such a scenario. We all have the directories available for hotels that might interest us. I've never asked my Ambassador to behave like a travel agent and suggest properties to me. Considering a significant proportion of the new portfolio is also unknown to most Ambassadors, I think you may have expected too much.
I somewhat agree just because I doubt they have the first-hand knowledge to make hotel recommends outside of what they heard via feedback from other customers. With that said, Marriott has advertised the ambassador agents as being concierges, making reservations, providing recommendations and so forth.