FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:58 pm
gobeavs8

Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
Was on a mid-con out of SEA last week; we boarded at the usual 40+ mark, everyone on with 10 minutes to go, no PDB, though the FA did take our initial drink orders. Then the pilot announced we would be 30 minutes delay....still no PDB as we sat around staring at each other. That being said, once in the air and the 10K chime went off, the FA had drinks out within minutes, probably the fastest I have seen in some time. She was very diligent, attentive and did not take a break in the 3 hour 50 minute flight, constantly going up and down the aisle as well as helping coach. On the way back, it was a quick turn around for the aircraft, but the FA was offering PDB and having to dance around boarding passengers, leaning over seat backs in order to do it, but everyone got their drink but it had to be consumed quick. The service back to SEA was equally impressive as going out. All in all....great service despite my first world annoyance at the start.
On my flight to Vegas on Saturday we all boarded and the FO told us we would be delayed an hour because our replacement captain had not shown up yet. He also said we would all get water but alcohol "could not be served on the ground". Maybe he was referring to sales in coach? But F didn't get an beverages either...