FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B737MAX Recertification - Archive
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:52 am
EWR764

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Let's please not turn this thread political and start discussing the interplay between the Trump administration, the FAA and Boeing, as I am very much enjoying the technical discussion and that's an easy way to run this thread off the rails.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
So now my question is thus - what pilot reports exist that indicate similar behavior by automated flight control systems that the pilot was able to override and restore normal attitude? Do such reports exist that might indicate a trend showing a serious, dangerous defect, and at the same time, pilot error in mishandling the defect with these two crashes?
After reading all of the MAX-related ASRS reports (with the understanding that compilation is by no means exhaustive) I can report that it does not show a trend involving the same systems. There were a few entries the media briefly attempted to spin as "evidence" of related complaints, but they were as comparable as apples and oranges to what's been mentioned as causal in the Lion Air crash. The only similarities come at a very broad, technically-insignificant level.