FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:38 am
SteadyAT

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Perhaps AC has not sent out a memo coaching SDs on how to manage the situation when deflates arise, and each is left to his/her device on how best to handle. For some, denial may be a strategy. Others may be honest about not having had to deal with deflates before. And for some others, they address the issue head-on and deal with it. Obviously, I prefer that they deal with the issue directly!

On two recent flights, I had two very experienced SDs, both of whom were aware of the deflating issue:
- Was on a 767 so obviously no deflates. When I mentioned this "advantage" to SD, she asked if I've encountered issues in the past, and told me how to do the rondelle reset (which I already knew).
- After boarding a 777, I was carefully checking the seat when SD came to introduce himself. I explained I was just checking to make sure my seat was functional, and he immediately told me he can fix if there's a problem. When I indicated that I knew how to reset, he indicated that I should still mention to him if there are any problems with the seats. Fortunately, the seat was fine; it was a daytime flight, so I didn't even recline the seat to lie-flat (had lots of work to do inflight).