FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The bonvoyed.com website
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:54 am
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Valid points. Similarly, in my two stays last week at legacy Marriott properties, I received the $10 voucher and the points, even though it is supposed to be one or the other -- not both. But if they only give me one, I don't have anything to complain about.

I don't think there is the slightest evidence of any pressure for letter of the law adherence from corporate to hotels. For example, in my last legacy Marriott property in the US, breakfast in the lounge included smoked salmon, a selection of meats and cheese, and two different egg dishes. That's far greater than letter of the law.

Similarly, I stayed at the W Scottsdale. Historically, they call the "breakfast" amenity, a couple of muffins, coffee and juice. They have a new GM and upgraded to a variety of choices including an egg dish and fruit/yogurt dish that was more appropriate. In contrast, I stayed at the W Union Square. I otherwise was happy with the property and had a nice suite upgrade but breakfast was three breads, coffee, and juice which I don't believe complies with the spirit of the benefits (even if nicely presented) under the old SPG program or now.

The GM's are making these decisions, not someone at corporate.
Definitely and they have a convenient scapegoat to blame for whatever savings they recoup.