FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was I being unreasonable - echeck-in/room type change -- walk?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:54 am
Jaunts

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
- Was I being entirely unreasonable, partially unreasonable, or reasonable in insisting on the booked room type? E.g. should I just be happy to have a room?
- Had the MOD not been able to find a room of the correct type on property does the fact that they have any room available save them, or would it be legitimate to expect them to walk me following brand standards for relocation (invoking 701.3.D) vs. just cancelling my reservation and booking a different property myself?

TIA
Without knowing the reason why you need a king bed every time you stay in a hotel, it is hard to say whether you are being reasonable or not. If you are traveling alone on business, and can physically fit on a double bed, then the occasional double or queen sized bed is reasonable.

Since they did have a room for you, I don't think that you should expect them to walk you in that situation. In my mind, hotels only walk a guest when they are oversold and have no rooms at all. A compromise in lieu of walking would be to ask the hotel to cancel your reservation without penalty and then find another hotel for the night.

One final comment is that the FDA might not have had the authority to release the room with the king sized bed. The OP said that it was the manager that finally assigned the king room. That might be a factor.