FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The inside scoop on Marriott's epic woes?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:32 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
This means that even if corporate does everything right the opinion many or most customers will have of Marriott International has been shaped by forces outside corporate's control.
Most of my issues have been with corporate, a mixture of IT screw ups and total mishandling of complaints! As with all hotel groups there are various levels of good and bad hotels but the Marriott's (rather than Starwood) properties I have chosen to stay in since the merger I have actually been surprised by how good they are.

Its Marriott who decided the degree requirement to understand what breakfast you may or may not get depending which chain and which geographical location you happen to be in! $10 for a breakfast benifit when the basic breakfast cosst $23 in some hotels still makes me laugh and just feel like it says it all about Marriott at times! They are petty and the top level management just don't get it, luckly some hotels still do!