FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible to request additional award space for 5th family member?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:15 pm
EWRGirl

Programs: UA-Global Services
Possible to request additional award space for 5th family member?

Hi all-

We're a family of five flying from JFK-DOH next week all on award tickets. We booked almost a year out and booked four QSuites and one economy ticket (the fifth business ticket wasn't available). Currently 50% of the seats in business are unoccupied, with just a few days until departure. I booked these tickets through Asia Miles and called them to see if they could email Qatar to inquire if they could open a fifth seat (which I thought was an option I had read in an article somewhere). They said they could not do that and I'd have to wait for Qatar to open any seats. Has anyone gone though this previously? Are there any options available or should I call Asia Miles back and hope for a different agent? At the end of the day it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen, but I'd really love for all the children and ourselves to be together.

Thank you in advance and if this is better suited for the Cathay/Asia Miles thread please let me know.