FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:36 am
joecool1885

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Just got home Tuesday from my Asia trip. Several different Hyatt properties, but used the Premium Suite Upgrade for PH Beijing, PH Seoul, PH Tokyo. Beijing wins best room with the Penthouse Suite. While the main entrance is floor 60 (room 6001) The bedroom of the suite is on floor 59 with direct access to pool, spa, fitness center. There are no other rooms on floor 59. While you can hear noise in the room from outside, it was light and unproblematic.
Also, I'm only Explorist, but they gave me free breakfast, and though it wasn't perfectly clear why, it seemed like that was an unadvertised perk of the room. Also, free non-alcoholic drinks from the mini-bar.
PH Seoul--- Diplomat suite room 2009. Room was very hot when we got there, maybe because of all the windows, but more likely because of radiant heat from bathroom heated floor. Managed to cool it to a comfortable level, but could've been better. Rain shower was oversized and awesome, though it took literal minutes (3-5) to get hot water from it, I think turning on tub faucet to hot helped expedite it. Fireplace can be started on request of service person, didn't bother going through that trouble though. Also the least impressive hotel of the three, though it was still an overall great experience.
PH Tokyo- Diplomat Suite room 4808 (I've heard that they now only upgrade to Governor instead of Diplomatic, not sure the accuracy of this). Stiff bed, least impressive bathroom of them all (they had body sprays, unlike the others, but much smaller tub and no rain-shower head). The room had more elegance to it than the other 2 though, attributed to the piano and all the books.
My overall impression here was that the hotel was ever so slightly better than PH Beijing, but Beijing did have a more comfortable mattress and free breakfast. New York Bar > China Bar, both were great.