FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] HX: LAX-PVG rt in J ~$580ish
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:52 pm
Fes426

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
I realized I never gaave my two cents report on this. We flew this route at the end of a February.
First of all many thanks to OP!!!

Check in at SFO was packed and so was TSA which left us very little time to enjoy the lounge. After we entered the lounge, we realized we didn’t miss much. We had planned on taking some water bottles on the flight but to our surprise no water bottles at the lounge. We flew SFO-HKG on the old design 359 with the broken window. It does appear to have been taped up but no fix yet.

The flight went smooth. The IFE was very lacking but I slept most of the time. The food was good, always chose the Asian option over the Western option. I did not ask for the mid flight snack as the first meal was quite filling. I agree with previous posts that it gets warm and after meal service there wasn’t much FA movement but a simple press of the button got them over to my seat rather quickly. I assume they do this to let people sleep. I did make a walk down the aisle to economy and people looked rough, honestly hats off to anyone that does this 15 hour haul in economy.
In HKG, we had a 6 hour layover so we went into the city and did not really use the lounge. Flight from HKG-BKK was rather quick but you could tell the catering and amenity kits, etc were superior on flight leaving HKG. My gf and I enjoyed the honeymoon seats so much that I went against my AvGeek tendencies and switched the return from a window to honeymoon seats.

The return was very much like the way there. The lounge at BKK was far from our gates but the agent did let us know that it was going to be about a 10 minute walk. Flew the A333 from BKK-HKG and it showed it's age. Lounge in HKG was top notch with a nice view of the tarmac. I did get "randomly" selected for additional questions in HKG but it was very quick. When we boarded the flight in HKG to SFO, we noticed the divider between the seats was stuck up and could not be pushed down. We asked the FA and they moved us to the only other honeymoon seats open which were the first row. This was a big mistake as it can get rather noisy being right by the bathrooms/galley. I tried to sleep most of the flight back as I was not feeling so wel, probably due to a week’s worth of alcohol and nigth market food. We landed about 30 minutes early and was the first person off the plane and second through passport control, overall it took less than 10 minutes.

The experience was great, specially for this price, but given the real price of the ticket I would consider HK airlines in the future.
Thanks again and can’t wait for the next one!