FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milestone Rewards
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:03 am
59Impala
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
sort of answering my own question.
I contacted MHC and was advised, that these awards can be used for friends, relatives etc, when staying with you in another room.
So this could be an indication, that Hyatt will enforce the Globalist benefits to 1 single room only?

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Hyatt has no idea whether or not someone will requalify for Glob, so it makes sense to give out the milestone awards. If your were to not requalify on 2019 nights/spend, you would be downgraded to Explo from Mar 1, 2020, and then these Club Access Awards would be valid for 1 year from that time.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
So I am a Globalist and passed 35'000 base points so far this year. Just received this e-mail and am not really sure how I should use the awards...
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Technically speaking, aren't Globalist Club access only for your own personal room? Thus, in theory, you might use these for a 2nd or 3rd room attached to your reservation?
Originally Posted by Pat89339

I received the same email today for staying 20 nights so far this year. It had me scratching my head. Long expiry dates is nice, but since I’m a Globalist it makes no sense to me, unless their intention is to let me know it’s okay not to requalify.
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Of course, I guess they are completely useless to Lifetime Globs, but I'm sure it is easier for Hyatt to simply award the milestones to everybody rather than try to sort out who is a Lifetime Glob. We would not want to overtax Hyatt's IT