FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes and effects on AA 737 MAX 8s (NOT reaccommodation)
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:45 am
Cledaybuck

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by tbrein

The 737 MAX 8 is the original equipment. Thanks for your suggestion. I start monitoring the equipment to see if there are changes. On another note, I have written to the Barbados Civil Aviation Authority urging them to ban the 737 MAX 8 to flying to the island. I have been going to Barbados for the last 38 years and this is the first time that I am feeling so uneasy about our annual trip.
I am a similar situation with a flight to Barbados coming up in May. I really feel like I am between a rock and a hard place as I have over $1300 tied up with AA for this trip. AA maintains it is safe, but the rest of the world isn't so sure. As mentioned above, I have some time, but not THAT much, as prices for alternatives will almost surely go up close to the departure date. It doesn't help that the alternatives to BGI are pretty limited, especially if B6 doesn't fly to your airport (like me).