FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you recommend a place for drinks in the Bund, Shanghai?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:16 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fsexman
I'm getting into PVG Saturday at 6:30 pm. Never been there, but I was hoping to make it to town at a reasonable time and meet a friend for drinks. I'll be staying at Les Suites Orient in the Bund. Two part question:

a) Would it be reasonable to plan to meet with someone around 10pm? (taking into account immigration, transportation by car, check-in at my hotel)

b) What's a good place nearby for drinks? The Long Bar at the Waldorf Astoria looks good, but I have no idea if it's easy to just walk in on a Saturday night. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
If it's not raining (the weather has been nice, but of course it changes), I suggest you cross the river and hit up Flair. Otherwise, apart from the Long Bar, Rouge, House of Roosevelt, and Peace Bar are okay. I have one more suggestion that is (uniquely) cheap, but I need to hit up the guy who told me about it. I will message him, and update this thread after he replies.