FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A couple questions on Moorea, Bora Bora, and Tahiti
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:47 am
Steph58

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you CP Maverick, I just sent an email to the address you listed. Did not inquire about paid upgrades to OWB but rather what facilities will be closed (construction/refurbishment) in a month. There's an announcement on IC Moorea's web site stating half the OWBs will be unavailable for most of 2019. I have 6 nights booked--a BOGO weekend Ambassador cert, 1 night paid (Virtuoso rate) and 3 nights on points. Hopefully that will improve my upgrade odds. On my points nights I can see they already upgraded the Lanai room to Premium Lanai. I'm hoping for beach bungalow or garden bungalow (if not OWB).

Re: Bora Bora getting more than 1 or 2 points nights is akin to winning the lottery in reading posts on the subject on the IC board. I checked during my timeframe in April--there are 2 IHG MC free nights at Thalasso but of course several days apart. Nothing else at either IC hotel on Bora Bora. That's fine it puts the kibosh on any crazy ideas of spending additional airfare, hotel transportation $, and time during my short one-week trip.