FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:24 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As I told before, I have recently flown ISL-ECN to test the airport one more time before the grand movement.

-First, Turkish Airlines priority check-in desks are temporarily located as check-in island E instead of the priority aisle which is still under construction.
-As none of the lounges are open, eligible passengers are handed two meal vouchers worth ₺35 ( total ₺70 ) and they could spend them in any food retail outlet after the passport control.
-Newspaper stands and Turkish Airlines help desks are located at the entrance of each concourse.

I have also some details about the construction of the lounges.
-First, I would like to mention that all the lounge signs for all 3 lounges have the Star Alliance Gold logo below it. However, I don't think that all concepts ( Exclusive, Business, Miles&Smiles ) would be available for Star Alliance Gold.
-I was able to notice construction going on at the Business Lounge and I could verify that the images shared by Bilal Ekşi, few days ago are from the Business Lounge. Furniture has been placed and around 10-15 workers were present doing some construction.
-However, there is no progress at the Miles&Smiles Lounge and in my opinion there is minimum 2-3 months until this lounge opens. There was no progress yesterday evening and no construction workers on site.
- I have no information about the exclusive lounge as it is located at an area that hasn't been opened to passengers yet.

For my airport related remarks, check the Istanbul Airport Master Thread which you could find in the Europe forum.
I would share some photos and a trip report soon.