FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop the early boarding (D0) stupidity
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:19 pm
jliehr

Originally Posted by ftoader
I was flying DFW to KOA on AA Boeing 772 last month. There were three of us flying from DTW with a connection time in DFW of about 1.5 hours. We decided to go to the American Express Centurion lounge to have breakfast and relax before the next 8+ hours flight (we were flying economy!). When we arrived in DFW, the connecting flight to KOA was showing at the same terminal where the lounge was, so short walking distance I thought. While in the lounge I checked the status of our next flight and it changed the gate to a different terminal. I panicked a bit not knowing how long it will take to reach the gate and left the lounge in a hurry about T-40. It took us 20 minutes to get to the gate but when we were about 3 gates away I received a call from AA asking if we are still going to make the flight because everyone else was boarded. I told the GA that we were seconds away. When we got to the gate the GA was nice and joked with us. I was surprised they boarded everyone in such a big plane and wondered when did they actually start boarding. The flight left the gate a few minutes late.
I don't have my boarding passes anymore, but I am pretty certain that both of my DFW-HNL flights and DFW-KOA flights have had boarding times on the pass at T-45, which makes sense with the larger planes.