FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New one on me - DL2458, three people assigned to same seat?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:47 am
JesseRohr

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Question New one on me - DL2458, three people assigned to same seat?

3/10 I'm on 2458 seated in 3C on a D fare. I board third or so in line and take my seat and start sipping my 219 degree coffee. A few minutes later a young lady points to 3D and takes the seat (standard protocol). A few minutes later a man comes in and points to 3D and shows his boarding pass to the young lady saying he has 3D, her app shows 3D as well (also D fare I learn later). I ring the FA button and step into the aisle to let them sort it out wondering what on earth was going to happen. While they are sorting it out and elderly lady shows up ALSO holding a BP for 3D!

I've never seen such a fiasco and there are no more seats in F or Y at this point. My seat I have had since booking, apparently so had the original young lady who sat down first. The second and third folks were upgraded to the same occupied seat at the same time by the GA I guess.

Eventually the first person that sat down kept the seat and the other two didn't even fly on the full bird. What a mess...