FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random seat changes to UA itineraries after having an assigned seat [Consolidated]
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:30 am
dm6214

Programs: ba executive, AA advantage,
A few weeks ago PUJ to ORD we had 21 A-D. At about 30 hours out I checked and sure enough was switched to 12 AB and 2 somewhere else. I checked the tail number and made a note. Our original seats were now open. I tried to switch on line but it wanted to charge me again. We had paid for the upgraded seats. About $100 each. I couldn't call the 800 number in Punta Cana with Verizon and the local number was answered by a person with limited English and she couldn't figure out what I wanted. Anyway finally got through and got our seats back. Just so happened I check again in about a hour and low and behold switched to 15 AB. Same line about it being a operational reason.. Same tail number. At about t-10 I get a text. Seats were changed for operational reasons. Again our original seats are empty and the tail number is the same. Again to change online it was another $100 each. I know I could have gotten a refund but why should I go through the hassle and let them have my money for a month or so. So I have not been able to get a answer why they would change our seats three times in less than 24 hours and each time the seats remained empty and the tail number remained the same so no equipment change. And yes the plane we boarded was the one with that tail number. Each time I called I got the same BS story about it being "operational". Of the last 6 flights, and only the return, we have taken in the last 5 years or so with United each time they have changed our seats at least once per trip. Not once was there a equipment change.