FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Re-qualified for Elite but now it doesn't show after IT mess
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:28 am
MD/DC Flyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I'm sorry to tell, but there is no more difference for non-Turkey residents and residents of Turkey. So you need to pass 45000 miles required for the second year. However, your case is a bit strange because you already had the 30000 miles required for the first year.

Source:
I don't want to get into an argument - but you are mistaken.

From the same source you have quoted above (with relevant section in bold):

How can I extend or upgrade my membership?

If you want to enjoy even more of the exclusive benefits offered by Miles&Smiles, you can earn Status Miles and use these to upgrade your Miles&Smiles membership status.
  • Earn Status Miles on every flight operated by Turkish Airlines and other Star Alliance member airlines.
    • After your second year of membership, purchase up to 10,000 Status Miles for $ 70 per 1,000 Miles.
      • If you're resident in Turkey and earn 30,000 Status Miles in your first year, or a total of 45,000 Status Miles in your second year, your membership will be extended. If you're not resident in Turkey, and earn 25,000 Status Miles in your first year, or a total of 37,500 Status Miles in your second year, your membership will be extended.
        • If you’ve reached 80,000 Status Miles in the past 12 months, upgrade to Miles&Smiles Elite Plus.
In addition the system is configured correctly for the second year (i.e., it shows my status as to be renewed, when my miles accrued in the two years are above 37,500 but less then 45,000).

Last edited by MD/DC Flyer; Mar 12, 2019 at 6:34 am