FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes and effects on AA 737 MAX 8s (NOT reaccommodation)
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:11 am
travelinmanS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Setting aside the blatant political implications in your post (which aren't allowed outside OMNI/PR), please do take note that neither the Canadian aviation authority nor the European aviation authority have announced any groundings at this time....
As someone who lives in China and has flown on Shanghai Airlines 737 MAX more than a few times...I'm quite happy that the CAAC has decided to ban this aircraft. I don't care if it is political or not, I think it's better to be cautious than to just let it ride. I imagine that public pressure will eventually cause the FAA to do what CAAC has done. Hopefully these aircraft remain grounded for some time as they are outfitted in an extremely uncomfortable way by FM with terribly thin seats and tiny toilets. From the comments on the AA forum I gather other carriers around the globe have chosen to outfit the MAX in a passenger unfriendly way as well.