FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:45 pm
travelling companion

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, World of Hyatt Discoverist, Ultimate Rewards, AMEX
This card is extremely frustrating and sometimes I feel like AMEX is doing everything they can to limit the 4X bonus on this card. As one example, I used grocery delivery service Shipt and in January all of my transactions coded as groceries and posted with 4X points. However, all of sudden in February none of the transactions posted as 4X points. I contacted AMEX and about a week later was able to finally get an answer. AMEX told me they stopped this merchant from posting as 4X in January because they sell items other than groceries. This is ridiculous since they literally only sell groceries. This is just one example of so many charges I have had posted incorrectly. I almost never have a problem with travel and dining coding with Chase but I have had so many problems with AMEX coding. This is my first membership rewards card and when taking into account issues correctly coding bonus points combined with the slow posting of points I am so far unimpressed.