FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:38 am
joecool1885

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Readog
My wife and I are going to St. Kitts this weekend. Going for 5 days/4 nights and I used a Globalist upgrade cert. In speaking with the hotel, they have me in a Beachside suite. From past experiences, what are the chances of getting an upgrade at check in to one of the suites with the plunge pool? I know it probably depends on how busy the resort is but are globalists getting these types of upgrades? Thanks
Tough call. Plenty of people have noted some great upgrades as Globalists in the past, but never any guarantees.
What kind of booking, cash or points or both?
If paying cash and have some points to burn -assuming you're paying rates currently advertised ~$600/nt and haven't locked in something lower- you could inquire with WOH about using points to upgrade to a premium suite as opposed to using upgrade cert. As I understand it (and you'd have to verify), premium suite is Park Exec, which has a large plunge pool. 9K points per night though.
Additionally, certainly inquire tactfully (don't ask me, I have no tact ;-) ) about a comp upgrade. Or if you REALLY want one, you could offer $250/nt to secure Nevis Peak (difference currently showing between beachside and Nevis Peak)