FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B737 Max : CAA bans from UK airspace; Comair aircraft grounded
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:18 am
SQTraveller

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I don't think anyone has concluded anything, but I can't blame people for feeling uneasy until we know what it was.

I don't feel particularly happy about flying on Max (I generally don't like the 737s in the first place though), so I've shifted my flight to the A321-operated service, and decided not to shift the 777 flight to a Max even though I planned to because of a better schedule.

(Note, this is not about Comair flights)

Why?
1) There is a possibility Max is a problem.

2) I also do not feel comfortable with the principle or grandfathering involved in 737s, although I'm not going into the technical discussion here.

3) If it's found to be a Max problem, or it's found to be semi-likely it was, it might disrupt the flight through grounding. Rebooking to a flight I want should it cause grounding may be difficult nearer the time, or once it's been grounded. Taking an early action prevents inconvenience to myself.

4) I don't particularly feel the need to feel somewhat wary while waiting for the outcome of the investigation if I can easily and simply avoid Max.

Admittedly I could change my flights entirely free of charge. I may have thought twice if I had to pay perhaps £200+ to change the flights.
While flying is still considered a safe form of transport I do want to make my odds even better, so I also want to avoid 737 Max if possible