FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Leg No-Show: Urgent Advice Sought
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:58 pm
Henry III

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Yeah, £500 was ridiculous, but it's better than losing the whole trip. I bought it on the Expedia UK website, so refund is possible? I plan to get to GLA early to see what they can do. I would think that a BA-induced change from the AMS-LHR... trip to GLA-LHR.. would also be around £500.

Given the circumstances (bas weather disruption), the option of an anti-no-show 'protection' may be feasible - for a BA Gold - but what will their attitude be to someone who 'plays the game' with regular (4 times a year) AMS-LHR-BKK tickets? Will they just laugh and say, "Serves you right?"

Checked Schiphol.nl website just now, and the AMS-LHR (11:40, BA) flight still shows as 'scheduled'.

Charm offensive at GLA/LHR?

BTW, my last trip (similar routing) was also severely disrupted (Drones, just before Xmas) but that was official - missed connexion at LHR due to delayed AMS-LHR; stayed o/n at the Sofitel and put on next morning's TG flight to BKK. Absolutely EXCELLENT service from BA Flight Connections. This time, though, my 'through-ticket' protection just ain't there!

--Henrty