FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight time change question
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:28 pm
iLied

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by wildace
I agree. There is nothing in a business contract (aka. ticket purchase) that says "we will ask for your permission" before making any changes. However, at the very least the other party - in this case the airline - should be sending you notifications that some changes have been made, and it be up to you what you want to do next (i.e. change/cancel ticket, keep flight as is, etc.).

I'm just not too pleased they had originally set the summer schedule to be mid-day flights and then all of a sudden move them to morning flights after I book the ticket far enough in advance to avoid major changes.
It’s obviously a business decision and you need not be informed it’s going to happen but EW should have contacted you afterwards to confirm it’s suitable for you. As I mentioned in a previous post, it could all be automated to avoid them doing a lot of legwork.

This has happened to me recently too, albeit a route cancellation rather than a change of schedule. The airline rerouted me with very few questions asked. In my case though, it was a very public event too which did make things a bit simpler, as I only had to wait and see if my flights were affected and wait for the system to accept reroutings.

I had to book early for my trip but it still happened. Circumstances change and I’ve been told nothing is confirmed until about two weeks before the flight. Airlines sell so far in advance to help us but they can’t confirm everything then.

Last edited by iLied; Mar 11, 2019 at 7:15 am