FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 55x35x20 carryon available in US?
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:39 pm
WillCAD

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by sambagrrl07
I have indeed been looking at eBags's listings for international carryons, especially those for "IATA" airlines - many unfortunately comply with 55x40x20, but not 55x35x20. I'd hoped to get some recommendations here as well. Thanks!
Yes, most of the bags that come up from that search are 20", most of which are greater than 55x35x20cm. But if you look for those labeled as 18" or less, you'll find some that comply with 55x35x20.

For easy reference (since all of the US sellers specify sizes in inches rather than centimeters):
55cm=21.6"
35cm=13.7"
20cm=7.8"

So you're looking for a bag that is 21.6x13.7x7.8 inches or less.

The closest I can give you is a near-recommendation. I have a 21" SwissGear roller that appears to be in the same design family as this one, and I'm very happy with it. It's not built like a tank, but I am not a frequent flier and it works well for me in both air and ground travel. It's well built for the money, roomy, and has good quality zippers and wheels. It's also equipped with a bottom grab handle that makes it easy to put into an overhead compartment with wheels facing out. The one complaint I have is that the soft grab handles on top and side are fitted very tightly to the bag, to keep the size down, but this makes it a little difficult to slip my fingers into the handles.
https://www.ebags.com/product/swissg...uctid=10716957