FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:26 am
josephstern
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canyonleo
It varies. If you're at the end of the hall (far end from the lobby and loading dock) it's probably ok for those that "don't care about the view at all and fell like they don't need any view if they don't spend much time in a room".

But, if one is placed right at the beginning of the hall, say first 2-3 room of each of three floors, it's IMO a nightmare - full on view of nothing but a loading dock with trash dumpsters not only the full view but full smell, and noise from early AM trash pickup and F&B deliveries.

That said, points book into those rooms, and as a Diamond I've NEVER been given any of those rooms.
I'm amazed at that smell, walking down the stairs there. Overall, the hotel is so polished that I'm really surprised they haven't figured out some other solution to this problem.

I have wondered if the smell gets into the nearby rooms. I'm fortunate enough to have never been given a room right there. But that water dispenser is convenient, so we often stop there. Man, it can get rank.