FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bujr Al Arab Dubai
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:32 am
diana

Don't waste your money on the Burj. I have stayed there as well as the Ritz Carlton. I absolutely loved the Ritz Carlton!

You can take a look at the room I had in December. Burj photos

The butler really didn't do that much except for explain how things worked in the room and make reservations for you at the spa and restaurants. I asked him to get me a copy of the menu at the Italian restaurant at the Jumeirah Beach hotel and it was like pulling teeth! It took him almost two hours. I could have walked over there and gotten it myself. I did pay extra for the butler to run me a bath. What a waste. The Burj has a dirty little secret when it comes to the plumbing. There was alot of sand which started floating around in my bubble bath. I rang for the butler who had no explaination of why my bath was turning into a dirty sand bath. The next morning my butler told me that the general manager wanted to meet with me. Ultimately he arrived and told me that they were aware of this problem and that the engineers and contracters were trying to solve the problem, however this will prove to be a difficult challenge due to the enormity of the hotel. They did take the cost of the bath off my bill.