FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Changes Would You Recommend to THAI’s ROP Program?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:53 am
paolo64

I don’t see any problem with accessing awards ( in any class, although Business is my ‘sweet spot”). Dealing with the Bangkok call centre has had issues over the years, but often a simple HUCA will get someone more willing/able to help/resolve/search/book. My preference is for dealing through the staff in the Melbourne office: they are brilliant and without the great help from those ladies, I would have dumped Thai years ago.
The problem with any changes : what is their motivation for these contemplated “enhancements “? Like most , I equate enhancements as really meaning rape/pillage/slash/burn/ cry “havoc” and let loose the dogs of war. IE, deep and abiding suspicion.
Thai needs to tread very carefully here: from a consumer perspective the program works pretty well. The benefits are generous but we pay a premium for that via high fares ( and most particularly when commencing in Bangkok). If the changes will reduce or eliminate the best of the benefits(, the GUP and the birthday award) even in exchange for better earnings, then I would be pretty reluctant to bother with it ( so many other airlines already offer those deals).
It seems probable that these changes have been in the making for a long time and that there is no direct nexus with the financial results ( but the likelihood is that this will be a cost containment exercise and consequently not good for members).