FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:11 pm
KML29

A possibly stupid question, but...

I was trying to book a flight on united.com using awards miles. During the process, three different awards classifications appeared on the screen next the flight options:

A. Economy (lowest award)
B. First Saver Award
C. First Everyday Award

For all of the possible flights (and there were dozens), mileage amounts for both A and C were presented (with A being roughly 1/4 the miles needed for booking compared to C), but B was "unavailable" for all of the flights.

My question--is there any substantive difference (other than the miles required for booking) for the passenger between A and C? For instance, are the same seats available for both classifications? Are than any differences in carry-on baggage privileges between the two classifications? (Etc.) In other words, is there any reason NOT to book a ticket using "Economy Awards" miles?

I checked everywhere on United website and found absolutely no reference explaining what Economy Awards means? (First Saver and First Everyday were described.)

Thanks for any assistance.